Mar 29, 2006

Barcelona

My first visit to Spain was Barcelona. It was my first time travelling by myself so I was a little nervous and scared. But once I went into the city, I wasn't scared. Of course I wouldn't want to go into small streets at night but big streets and metro was okay. Not bad at all. But I heard one girl who had her passport stolen in the metro and that was her first day in Spain. Poor girl... I hear some pick-pocketing in Spain. You just have to be very careful or maybe it's about luck. Anyway, my impression of Barcelona is... Artistic. I love Gaudi's work and his works were spread out in the city. The city has the old part and the new part but I liked the old part better. You can see how the local people living and I liked walking through the old small streets.



Places I visited:

Sagrada Familia: This was amazing, breathtaking, and beautiful. All I could say was "WOW" and couldn't move but to look at the amazing artwork. Everyone should see this once in their lifetime. It was built in 1882, and still under construction, mostly designed by Antoni Gaudi. Still building and no one knows when it's gonna finish. I heard that people who works here are paid from the charity and entrance fee from the visitors. That's why it's taking so late. You can go to the top by stairs or by elevator but definately, I recommend you to take the stairs if you can. It is tiring but it's worth it. After those long lasting narrow steps and you see the city of Barcelona, it's just wonderful. And the every details of the wall, OMG, it's amazing. I can't believe human being actually made this by hand. You have to see the night version of this too. It is soooo beautiful. I like it better at night than during the day. It has totally different atmosphere. Oh, I can't forget this.




Park Guell: This is another place where it has the Gaudi world. It's a huge park a little away from the center. I met this french girl at Hotel and we went to this park together. This is one thing I love about travelling. You get to meet people from all over the world. She was very friendly, energetic and pretty. We went to this park in the morning and this was a good idea. Before noon, there were lots of people sightseeing and that is just depressing. Anyway, I loved this park. It was like a fairy tale. Cute houses and monuments, curvy designs... I think Gaudi was very romantic and feminine person. He really know what girls like:) or maybe he was gay!? Does anybody know about this? Here are some nice photos of the park.













Montserrat: This is a place a little far from Barcelona. About 1 hour by train, you will see this amazing, wired looking mountain. From the closest train station, you take the cableway to get to the top of the mountain. It is very spiritual place where the black Virgin Mary was found. The view was great!

Dali Museum: I also visited a Dali Museum which was 2 hours by train from Barcelona. It was a little far but I really wanted to see this place. It was full of Dali's creative world. I don't know where on earth he got these incredible ideas but very very interesting. I enjoyed it a lot. It's hard to see from the pics but hope you can understand a little bit of what I mean.

No comments: