Dec 9, 2007

Date with my dad♡

Recently, it's a routine to have dinner with my dad every Sunday night.
Last time we went for teppanyaki steak, and today shabu-shabu in Ginza. Dinner in Ginza... the most expensive place in Tokyo. Aren't we romantic?
Some people are surprised and say "what do you talk with your dad just two of you!?" I guess it's not common for a Japanese family to go out just the dad and his daughter when you get older. It is really nice though. We talk about business, work, family etc. He is more like my adviser than a father now.
Plus, this Sunday dinner helps me to charge my energy and nutrition for the whole week. I eat very bad(little) during weekdays cause I finish late and don't have a chance to have a proper dinner.

Anyway, I really appreciate my father these days. The reason I can have this life, what made me now, is my dad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know for the other people out there, but I started to really appreciate my father and mother at the adult age. I mean **really** starting to understand all they gave up, all they invested, all they committed..
It's nice that you can have this regular chat with your dad. I don't find it strange at all, but find it very healthy for both of you.
This might be the one date, that I wish to everyone to sustain for many many years.. :)

Best wishes for the festive season.

P-A
http://devrouze.blogspot.com/

lina said...

isn't that really nice.. I love my dad too, but I always find it hard o speak to him - being away from home since the age 12 doesn't help either...
good for both of you!

☆Mayu☆  said...

p-a,
well it is not strange at all but in Japan, it's very uncommon.
how's the xmas in singapore?

lina,
thanks for your message.
you know, I haven't lived with my dad since 12 too, he was living in tokyo because of biz and rest of the family remained in Kobe. I didn't really speak nor know him much until recently. Now I'm away from my mom but I think my dad and I are filling up the times we were apart. He works very hard (I mean "really" hard) and I used to complain about it but now since I started working, i understood how hard he worked for us and appreciate him.

Anonymous said...

beautiful Mayu! that's priceless and so precious. Glad to see that you're doing well :) Wishing you a very merry merry christmas! Love, K&K

☆Mayu☆  said...

Key and Kristi,
Hey!!!! how are you? Merry Xmas to you too and happy new year!