Oct 13, 2007

Updates

It's been 2 weeks since I started working.
1st week past so fast. Very important customer from Italy came to visit us to have a meeting and I was one of the main person to organize everything. I will be the European Regional Sales (if this business works), so I was always with the Italians for 4 days.
Since I don't know anything about the company nor the products, I can't do any business negotiation but I did translation, explained technical stuff about products, helped to prepare for presentation etc. I worked from early in the morning till late at night but I enjoyed it very much. I get to eat sushi and tempura in Ginza and also, went to Nikko (3 hours drive from Tokyo where it has world heritage shrine) on Sat. which was considered "work" but me, I was enjoying sightseeing with them:)
Doing business with foreign company and Japanese company are very different. Their mind, their attitude, their questions are different. Sometimes they ask things we never imagined. I want to know more about the difference and be able to handle both well. Also, I need to learn more about the products... I'm not good in electronic device...

1 comment:

P said...

Hello,
Interesting you ask. I work in the Consumer Electronics sector for (maybe) the biggest Consumer electronics company in Europe.
If you seriously have some questions about that industry in a european let me know.
You can leave me a message on my blog:
http://devrouze.blogspot.com/

Funny that you mentioned going to nikko, I just went there 4 weeks ago ^__^..
The temples were nice, but enjoyed the surrounding area in the mountains (kegon falls, etc..).
Staying in a Ryokan is also a nice experience ^__^
Eh, let me know if you bring all of your customers to Nikko, I might be interesting to do business! (joking.. well, half joking..)

P-A
http://devrouze.blogspot.com