Aug 22, 2007

Thai People



Thai people are so royal to the king. When I arrived, it was the king's birthday and people are encouraged to wear king's color "yellow" the whole month. Surprisingly, everyone was wearing yellow. If this was in Japan, no one will wear it. The first day I was walking down the street and saw everyone in yellow, I felt like I was in a wired world wondering what was going on.




Bangkok Karaoke is more advanced than Japan! This is in a shopping mall and you pay by how many songs you want to sing. I think it was about 20 cents per song. It's a great idea! Girls can do shopping for hours and hours but they get tired. With this, you can sit, rest and sing at the same time. It is cheaper than going into a cafe. 10 min rest & singing, go shopping again!




Another surprising thing. In Thailand, many things are restricted to show on TV. Sex scenes are normal, but even people smoking cigarretes and holding guns, they obscure them so that you can't see. People's smoking in the streets and cover to show on TV? I can't understand this. Plus, you can't enjoy the TV if you cover too many scenes. I wonder how much you can see if you watch Sharon Stone movie.

2 comments:

feridun said...

Hey Mayu,

Long time you were not writing and I was getting worried if something happened to you on your trip.
Now, I see you are fine. I enjoyed reading your trip stories. All of them sounds very interesting so that I really want to go those places too.

Now that you are back to Japan what is your plan?

Greetings
Feridun
www.feridun.info

PS: I don't want to be sound cocky but you wrote in all your blogs "wired" but it should be "weird"...

☆Mayu☆  said...

feridun,

haha, yes it is weird. thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it.

My plan is to find a job. will let you know when I find one. wish me luck!