Jun 10, 2006

Factory Worker

so now, I'm doing factory work. haha. so much fun...
why am I doing this?? Ask my company!!!

well, there is a concept though. You know I'm working for a electronic company, right? we make products. so my company wants us to know the Genba (isn't this English word like sushi? it means "actual place where things are happening"); know how products are made, experience how hard it is to work at the factory, they want you to "feel" something by actually doing it and use that in our own field. Yes, this is very good and meaningful.

However, it's soooo tiring!!! Imagine you have to work from 8:30 am till 5:10 pm, only 45 min lunch break and two 5 min break in the middle. and guess what I'm doing, I'm making fridges!!! more specificly, I'm taking off tapes and small boxes from the fridge before it goes to the quality check point. Of course we can't do something difficult or important cause we're non-skilled worker. so don't worry, I'm not making defective product. I'm probably touching more than a hundred fridges an hour! It makes me crazy just doing this whole day... so stressful. I did understand how hard factory workders are working.

Some of you might be thinking "isn't things are made automatically by machines?" Yes, that is true but most of our products are made in other countries such as China, Europe, South-east Asia, U.S. and there, it is automatic mass-production. But since it costs more to make products in Japan, we are taking small but various kind-system, more value-added product. So, we do have machines working but in some parts we need human hands.

Anyway, that is what I'm doing these days and will be doing this next week also. ahh, I'm having muscular pain... can't wait till it's over.

6 comments:

feridun said...

Hey mayu,

My father and mother were factory worker in Bosch, Germany some 30 years ago. And they also were doing fridges:)

Thats's funny...

Also it is a good work out for your body...

Anonymous said...

haha you go girl! sounds like you are learning a lot everyday.
speaking of pain, i've been having this lower back pain(my tail feather)for months now. i think there's something to do with my kidney or possibly hernia. it hurts whatever i do, sit, walk, stand, bend, you name it.
i just hope it's nothing serious. we'll see...

p.s. get me a new aquos cell plz!!!jk;p but seriously that phone rocks*wink**wink*

☆Mayu☆  said...

feridun,
yeah, at least it's good for my body...

Aki.
I really want that Aquos cell phone too!!! that's really awesome. I'm gonna ask my company if i can get any discount. is that in the U.S. also??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»