May 25, 2006

finally,

I'm done with this sales training! thank god, it's over.

I had a day off today since i had to work on weekends(just this month) and I had a wonderful time; relaxing in the cafe reading books and also I went swimming. I swam for 1.5 hours strainght! wow, huh? Swimming and tennis is the only sports I can do... oh, I almost forgot dancing! I can't swim fast (actually so slow) but I can swim forever:) I usually get bored and stop swimming. you'll get so bored after 30 min swimming. I usually think a lot while swimming, enables me to concentrate, think about myself & mylife.

Anyway, today I'd like to share my thoughts of what I learned through this sales training.
First of all, I realized how much consumers are influenced by sales person. (excluding foods and clothes choice which is more about individual taste and preference) I think 70-80 % depend on the person who you are recieving advice. There is another staff from other company (let's say company T) in the vaccum cleaner area and from my experience, I studied that if I get the customer first, people buy my product and if this other staff gets them first, they tend to buy T's product. Isn't this interesting? It's not about the product itself! It is how we introduce the product to the customers, how we lead the conversation and let them want to buy that product. Of course we have to know the product; it's feature, performance, differences compared to others, but we don't need to tell them all. Listen to their needs, tell them the info what they want and relate that to your product! Then, they'll think "oh, this is the thing that I was looking for!" YES, it is difficult. Especially when you have many competitors and you're not competing by it's the price. If it's cheap, you don't need sales staff. People will buy it. Problem is when it is expensive. But expensive=valuable. One advice is, if you are confident about your product and love the product, it's easy to sell. I was sure that our product has the best quality so I could sell it with confidence. and that will show to the customers.
Also, putting this story the other way around, don't trust the sales person! yeah, for sure. depending on the person, s/he maybe a spy trying to sell specific product. Like me, people didn't know I was from electornic company. They thought I'm just a staff in the store like everyone else. Be sure to compare the products before deciding especially if it's a valuable thing.
Another thing I thought is that if you're good at sales, you can sell anything. any kind of product, service, your-self, doesn't matter.

It was a good experience to actually listening to the consumers voice and learned how difficult it is to sell. I'm sure this will help in my future.
and now, here goes the next training from next week!

営業研修終了!うれしすぎやわ。上には書かなかったけど、なんせ暇で暇でしょうがない。
今が一番売れない時期らしい。。GW後で人はお金使いたがらないし、雨ばっかで外にはでないし。
最悪の時期に営業研修をすることになり、かなり暇。
まぁでも、少ないなかいろいろ学んだこともあります☆

<営業について感じたこと>

まず、どれを買うかは商品その物ではなく、営業マンに大きく左右されるということ。もちろん、食べ物や服など、個人の趣味・好みで買うものは違うが、専門知識が多少いるもの、店員のアドバイスを得て商品を決めるときは、本当にスタッフによるなと思った。客は気づかないかもしれないが、店員は自分が売りたい商品を売っていて、本当に良い商品を売っているのではないということ。その証拠として、私が接客したときはうちの商品を買い、他メーカーの営業者が接客した場合はそこの商品が売れる。商品の性能によるのではないということ。これっておかしいよね?普通は良いものが売れると思いがちだが、営業者に操られている部分は大きいと思う。もちろん彼らは嘘はいっていないので大丈夫だが、欠点や他メーカーのことを言っていないことが多い。高価なものを買う時にはきちんと商品の性能比較をするべきであろう。
逆を返せば、営業の話をあまり信じてはいけない。彼らのオススメ=一番良い商品ではないからだ。
その他気づいたことは、まず、営業は客の話を聞き、彼らのニーズをつかんで、それを商品につなげる。こうすると客は「こういう商品がほしかった」と思い、その商品が売れる。そうするためには、こっちが会話を誘導し、客の関心をそそらなければならない。確かに難しい。でも、おそらく営業の出来る人は、どんな商品・サービスでも売れると思う。これも一種の強い武器、私も欲しい!!

店頭に立つことによって、実際に消費者の生の声を聞くことが出来た。また、営業することの難しさも学んだ。今後の仕事に役に立つことだろう。
次週からは次の研修!もう研修ばっかりや。。

1 comment:

feridun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.