Dec 1, 2005

Autumn in Japan

I've been studying so hard these days, and I finised the draft for my thesis (I wrote about 60 pages!!) so I took a break yesterday. I went on hiking to see the changing leaves. It was a little too late for the fallen leaves season but luckily, there were still some that were red and beautiful.
The pic on the left is called "Momiji" which is the most typical type of tree that Japanese enjoy the red color. It is so beautiful when there are bunch of trees that are in bright red. Usually we go to see them in temples or japanese gardens. But this time I needed some excercise so I went hiking in the mountains. Man, it was so tiring to go up these rocks...
In Japan, people love hiking in the mountains especially older people. Like in the pic, many people wear the same outfit (hat, stick, vest and backpack are must) and go up for their health. My grandpa used to do that every morning in 5 a.m. for 10 years, never missed a single day except when it snowed. Wow. He actually got awarded for that.


It's getting colder and colder everyday. Winter is coming. I love winter though. It's my favorite season:) My birthday, Christmas, beautiful decorations and illuminations, New Years... It just makes me exciting! Hope everyone will enjoy the remaining 2005 and wait for the 2006 to come!!

紅葉はやっぱいいねぇ~☆こういう四季を味わえる時って”日本人でよかったなぁ”って思います。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mayu! I love the pics, but the links to them don't work! C'mon, get on your http game, hahaha :P

Seriously tho, it really looks beautiful, I can't wait until I make it back to Japan, hopefully on a more permanent basis soon, I miss it a lot...

Matt

☆Mayu☆  said...

Ken,
thanks for all your help on Mixi! you saved me:)

Matt,
I know, plz help me... I really need to learn that wired computer language if I wanna continue this blog... I can't believe people actually can communicate with computers!!