Jan 26, 2006

Yokota Air Force Bace

I visited Yokota Air Force base near Tokyo today. It was my first time going into the base.
You need to have someone sponcer you (from the military) so not anyone can go in. You also need to show your ID and take picture at the entrance.
My impression was, "wow, it really is little America inside Japan". I felt like I was back in the U.S.!! Used cars driving, stores just like "Sear's", Taco bell, huge hambergers and fries, big roads, and many Americans (of course). Oh, and money is all in dollars! You can use Yen in some places but not all. and the price is same as the U.S. so it's cheaper I think. Beer for 3 bucks (usually about 6 bucks in Japan) Oh, one difference is, you drive on the left side (Jp way).
The base was huge. There's shopping mall, movie theater, bowling alley, driving range, huge fitness club, swimming pool, school for kids, small club and bar. Most people have cars to go around the base. There was some exercises going on today pretending like "war" happened.

Anyways, it was interesting. You can go to the U.S. without that terrible 10 hours flight! I should've taken a pictures to show you guys...

2 comments:

feridun said...

How can I go in? I really wanna visit one time?

☆Mayu☆  said...

If you know someone in the base, they can be your sponcer. You can't just go and get in. Very strict.