Jan 9, 2006

Paris, paris, PARIS!!!

I was in Paris visiting my friend during Christmas season.
Was there for 10 days but that wasn't enough. I wanted to see lots of museums but didn't have time... I wanted to take the advantage of visiting a friend who live there
so I skipped most of the museums and enjoyed the life in Paris. Discovering the city, going to my friend's favorite resturants, meeting her friends, buy fresh food, wine and cheeze at the marche and cook... I love drinking wine while cooking. make me feel good♪



My impression of Paris; romantic and delicious!!! My most often said words are "oishii" (meaning delicious in jp), "kirei" (beautiful), "shiawase" (happy) and "samui" (cold).



City of Paris was very beautiful and romantic. Every corner of the city can be a picture. The Seine River, Notre-Dame, streets, museums, shops, Effiel Tower, people etc... I took many many pics. probably more than 350. wow, I can't believe my self either. I liked taking pics before but after I met one person in Paris, I was more inspired to take the best shot I can. http://spaces.msn.com/members/mayumayu1222/ click here for more pics!


Food was soooo delicious:) Wine, cheeze, fois gras, baguette, sweets etc... I had wine everyday! It was so cheep compared to Japan. and cheeze, WOW! I was surprised how many different kinds there are. I love wine and cheeze. want to learned more about them!



One interesting thing I noticed; French women are mean to women (especially to asian girls). People are nice to the opposite sex. Men, of course but women, more obvious. I guess you can say this to most European countries like Italy and Spain. I was watching this one woman at the information desk in Opera house while waiting in line. One mid 40 yld woman was asking a question to this woman but wow, I couldn't believe how rude she was. First I thought she was like that to everyone. Next person was mid 50-ish man. Then, her attitude changed! She was answering nicely and friendly like she should be! It was our turn now. My friend (jp) asked a question in fluent French. The woman at the desk was very rude and looked like we were annoying her!I thought "what the hell is wrong with her!? Isn't this information center where people ask questions?" I won't say this is for all women but this happened in most situations. But let me tell you, men are extremely nice to women:) My french friend told me that french women are mean to asian girls cause they envy us. French guys are interested in Asian girls but because of the language barrier, they don't have a courage to to talk to them. Haha! I doubt if that's ture but another friend told me the same thing so I'll believe that:) Maybe I should move to Paris!?

I did meet a few french guys but the problem was... I can't speak French!! I did study a little in college but that didn't help. I was surprised many people can't speak English as much as I thought! Only young people or ppl who work in tourism industry can speak but other than that... probably the same level of Japan. It is so difficult to live without being able to speak French in Paris. My friend was very good in French, progressed a lot so I was impressed with that. She is intelligent and better in English then me too!


Anyway, I do have lots of stories I wanna share with you but will end for now. I had a wonderful and fabulious time in Paris and will definately visit again. Thank you for everything Haruko!

パリは本当によかったよ~!パリの印象は”おいしい、綺麗、寒い”かな。町並みはどこもポストカードに出てきそうな感じだし、なんといってもワインとチーズ、バゲットがおいしかった♪ワインは毎日飲んでました(^-^)前までは白ワイン派だったんけど、この旅でだんぜん赤派になりました。大人になったってことかな!?

そうそう、この旅で発見したこと、それはフランス人の女は女には冷たいということ(特にアジア人には)。しかもすごくあからさまに。同じ人でも相手が男性か女性かによって態度が違う。インフォメーションセンターの人に質問した時も、男性が聞いたときはフレンドリーだったのに、私たちが聞いたら冷めたかった。友達が言ってたんだけど、ヨーロッパはMen(男性)、Women(女性)ではなくてMale(オス)、Female(メス)みたいって言ってた(苦笑)。すごく的を得てるけどね。他国も含めて、ヨーロッパは年齢関係なく異性をすごく意識する人たちだなぁと思った。
でもこれは悪いことではないよね。いつまでも自分が「女」「男」であることを意識しているし、それってすごく大事だと思う。日本はどっちかっていうと、結婚したらもう体型とか身なりとか気にしなくなる人が多い気がするから。ただ、度がひどいとちょっとね・・・。そんなことが多々あったから、フランス人って冷たいなぁってちょっと感じた。でももちろんいい人もいっぱいいっぱいいるよ!それだけは誤解のないように。

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mayu-chan, i think you are an awesome photographer. keep it up! i love your angles and focus.

aye, france is definitely one place i want to visit.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mayu!!
I just saw your GORGEOUS blog and I really enjoyed it!! All your pictures are great and I love them. You really are talented, girl! I really had fun visiting Paris with you and I want to THANK YOU for that! I will definately come back to Paris and maybe, maybe live here for a long time! Who knows? If so, we have to do "visiting paris" again!

☆Mayu☆  said...

astri,
thanks! yeah, paris is definately a place you should visit.


haruko!
i wish i was there with you on New Year's!! yes, plz plz live in Paris. and I would visit once a year and we can drind wine everyday:)