Jun 15, 2008

Biz Trip to Taiwan

It's been a while since my last post.
I was in Taiwan from end of May till last week to exhibit at Computex Taiwan (June 3-7), one of the biggest electronic trade show in the world. It was very very busy and tiring but was good experience and a lot of fun.

I arrived earlier to spend the weekend in Taipei, to see my friend and also to see my house where I used to live. It was one of my dream to visit my old place so I'm very happy that I could achieve my dream. I didn't remember anything since it's been almost 20 years...

The show was a success. We had very nice booth (I did the decoration!) , many customers were interested in bringing our product into their market. Now that back in Japan, it's my real job to contact them, discuss and negotiate to have a new business. We had many buyers from all over the world but my target is Dubai!! (well, kinda personal purpose because I want to go there and it's so expensive to go by myself)

Other than work, I dinned out a lot. Every night, either dinner with customer or company staffs, we went to have Taiwanese food, Shanghai food, beef noodles, noodles and noodles... Therefore, I was craving for sandwitches and cheese cake for lunch. Too much Chinese food is heavy for my stomatch... but you know, chinese people eat a lot!! I don't know why how can they eat so much and not being so fat!?

Anyway, I met many people during this trip. Everytime I could meet people and they treat me well, have fun together, I feel very lucky and appreciate this opportunity so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

06/15/2008

Mayu:

It sounds like you are enjoying your new job! Very much so! I thought we had lost you! Wow! Three posts in a row!
Keep on blogging!

Gary
06/15/2008