Apr 13, 2008

Hanami with Prime Minister


I went to the event which was called "Hanami with Fukuda prime minister" @ Shinjyuku Gyoen Park.

It was very very interesting. I was invited from a friend's friend who has some connection with the goverment, you need to have the invitation from prime minister, or I guess LDP is the host . The whole park was reserved for this and there were so many people from all kinds of world; politicians, ambassadors, soilders, TV stars etc. Many people I see on TV news!
Since my friend is dealing with in the middle eastern countries, I met many ambassadors from Africa and Middle-East. I remember Eygpt ambassador was a very nice guy.
The second picture below, who's drinking sake is the prime minister, Fukuda Yasuo. Since many flowers were already fallen, someone expressed that "Fukuda government is almost over like the cherry blossom here..." haha, quite a harsh comment.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, you're so lucky!!!!! i wished i were there...i'm interested in politics( not that i know so much about it, hehe) and i truly love meeting people who are inspirational. i haven't been to shinjuku gyoen for a while...your journal made me wanna go back there soon!

☆Mayu☆  said...

Mariko,
it was my first time going to this park. I was surprised that you need to pay to enter the park! Is there any park like that!?
It's a good place to visit when you want to get out from the city. Huge open space with lots of green is worth paying to refresh from the tokyo life.

California Kayaker Magazine said...

It must have been exciting to go to this with so many important and famous people. You are lucky.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Considering changing line of work, and get into the diplomatic world? ;)

It looked like a beautiful day. I never get tired of cherry blossoms pictures.
You must have had a very nice time.

P-A