Mar 12, 2007

Final Decision

Feb 19th.
I declined the offer. I called the HR manager in the morning but since he was out for the conferense, I wrote him a email. His reply was " I understand. Your will seems to be very strong so I will give up to hold you back. I wish for your success in the future. "

Feb 20th.
I met my direct bosses again to confirm my final decision. I said, "My will haven't changed. I would like to leave this company." They looked sad but accepted. The next is paper work.

Feb 21st.
I met the general manager this day and talked about things in details. When is the last day, what to do with paid holidays, insurance, resignation etc... I thought I had to write my resignation to give in but they had this format which you just have to fill in blanks and write few sentences.

My plan was to finish working on March 20th, and after that use all of my paid holidays. In this case April 20th will be my last day in my company.

March 1st.
I turned in my resignation paper. Everything's done.

March 2nd.
My boss called me suddently to discuss about the resignation date. The company asked me to set March 31st to be the last day. I guess this makes them easier for procedure and so forth. They said I can use my paid holidays so counting from the 31st using my holidays will be.... 7th!?!? My boss said it will be helpful to them if I stay longer (that means working for free!!) but it is up to me to decide my last day at work. Of course I will use all of my paid holidays! It was only 3 more working days till I finish. Wow.

The last 3 days went by so quickly. On Monday my boss told everyone that I will leave work in 3 days, did a farewell party for me, saying goodbye and thank you to people at work, plus my rutine work.

March 7th, the last day.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mayu, how are u?
when i heard you'll leave your company,i felt so sad.i think the dairy works in the Div of a corporate accounting are really dull and routine.
It's admirable of you to countine working for 1 year.
i'm sure that you will be a great success in the choices you make in the future!

GOOD LUCK!!

☆Mayu☆  said...

Hey, my colleague!
hmm, who are you? なんとなく誰かは分かるんだけど、確かではないし・・。
anyway, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mayu,

It looks like you have handled this situation quite well. Congratulations!

Do you have plans for a next step on the short term or mid-term already?

P-A

~~いつもいつでも元気~~
Note: I have appended my website to include japanese.. hope it is ok :)

Astriiluu said...

Hello Mayu!

I am glad to hear that you are happy and firm with your decision. Good luck with your future endeavors! =)