Feb 2, 2006

OMG

I got a parking ticket... right across the street from my grandma's house.
No more Gold Card for me...:( it was my first ticket (well, actually I had one in the U.S.) and it cost me 15000 yen!! which is about $130. and plus what makes me sad is that the police came in 4:05 pm and I came back 4:30 pm. if I was a little earlier...
well, I'm more upset about having a record and not be able to get Gold Card anymore than the money. Oh, I went to the police office but they were very nice. I was surprised. Nice & polite.

駐禁取られた・・・。しかもおばあちゃん家の前で。 初違反です(アメリカでは一度スピード違反したけど・・)。あ~ぁ、これでゴールドカード無理になっちゃった。だいぶショックだなぁ。しかも1万5千円でした。高いなぁ。これで何かが買えると思うとショック。まぁ仕方ない。
大きな警察署に行かされてんけど、警官みなさんすごくいいひとだった。警察って態度悪い人多いけどほんと親切だったよ。

4 comments:

feridun said...

Don't worry much Mayu.

I got so many tickets in my life that I don't know how are there. Almost in every country that I drove I got ticket. Last year, I went with my fiance to from Hamburg to Prague, Czech and I got there ticket too even I was only one day.
Couple months ago when I went to Holland, only for day, I got a speeding ticket.
Even I got a ticket as I was crossing street with my feet. It was in Capitol Hill in Seattle.

So Mayu, it is your first time. You lost the virginity of golden card.

It will be not stay first time. It is like sex. It will come nay more.

Welcome to club.

California Kayaker Magazine said...

I have never driven in Japan, so am not familiar with license processes. What is the gold card you mention?

I find it interesting that a parking ticket would cause you to lose this gold card. In America, we have 3 basic types of vehicle related tickets - moving violations (which are considered the worst, because they have potential of hurting someone if you did something wrong while the car is moving, causing a crash), fix-it tickets (for example, when a head light is broken on he car - you can get the light fixed, and then the ticket removed), and parking tickets (separate category because the police officer doesn't know who parked, so the ticket isn't applied to a person, but to the vehicle).

BTW - I have received more than enough tickets in my life.

feridun said...

I guess gold card is given to people who never got any traffic ticket.

☆Mayu☆  said...

Peter,
yes, Gold Card is drivers liscence who has droven more than 10 years (i think) and never got any tickets. The advantages are that your car insurance will be lower and you can get a golden drivers liscence! (well, it's not really gold but different from usual ones)