Sep 15, 2005

Going to Seattle!!

Well, i haven't done anything interesting lately. I've been studying for my research paper in daytime and work at night. I'm reading many books right now but that makes me sooo tiring... I like the topic, which is about business, but if you keep reading that for a long time...make me very stressful. Plus, i am worried if i can finish that paper:( It's due in Dec. but since it's a big project i have no idea how it's gonna be. Oh well, i just have to keep doing it.

And from Oct, i'll be going to Seattle!!! Yeah!!! I'm so happy to go back there. I miss Seattle so much. That beautiful nature, summer, people, starbucks, Alki beach, shopping, friends... EVERYTHING! Even the rain. I mean it's not that bad.
I'll stay there for 3 weeks, then visit my friend in Chicago and come back to Japan. In Seattle, I'll stay at my frined's place for the first few days but don't know where i'll be staying after that. It should be ok, though. (i hope)

I'll try go to as many places as i can in the next 6 month! Cause i'll be working from next April (graduate my univ. in March) so probably don't have time for travelling for a while. You know, japanese company... working too much... don't have holidays.... It really is that way.
By the way, I'm studying about that. Japanese management and American management in business; how it is different, how it is changing, and what people are thinking. Recently, Japanese companies are changing toward American style and i'm interested in it. Also, i've seem people working in Japan and also in the U.S. and what i thought was that Japanese work too much and they are not happy!! Then what do they work for?? For their family? but most people are not spending time with their family. That is just not right. One should be happy with their life. Japan is changing though! At least trying to change.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. one should live happily, otherwise life would seem to lose its meaning. we should all live for ourselves, not only for working. to me, "work" should be a tool to enhance yourself/your life with more challenges, accomplishments, as well as fun (i guess). i hope we all can have a better living environment and enjoy our lives.

Anonymous said...

you know, i really am interested in that topic; the differences between Japanese and English businesses. so the Japanese really don't have paid vacations? I never knew that, interesting. what's really the point of work if you don't enjoy it, that's why so many people are stressed out.

☆Mayu☆  said...

tzeman,
yeah, i totally agree with you. i will work to enhance my life too!

krystal,
about paid vacation in Japan, we do have that. but the reality is even though people have paid vacations, they don't use it or in other words, they can't use it! Too busy to take vacations and company doesn't let you. however, like i said, it's changing slowly and slowly! for example, my company that i'm gonna work for make you go home if it's late and we have longer summer vacations compared to other companies. well, this may be natural for other countries but not in Japan...

Maffie said...

Like you said, there are lots differences between American business and Japanese. You know, I’ve been working with American and Canadian as an intern. To me, our office is really unique.
Let me know how you enjoy staying in Seattle after you are back!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Very interesting blog. Promise to visit as often as possible.
If You really are interested in this subject I suggest You go and visit jet safety ski
Here You will find an almost complete directory of jet safety ski